While it may seem like I’ve been slacking, I’ve been quite busy. From writing articles for magazines to planning a large social media conference, I’ve had my hands full.
First of all, if you’re a subscriber, switch your feed to www.rachelmesterline.com. This is where new content will be posted from now on. (It will show up in an RSS feed, but does not show up on the site yet because I don’t have much content yet).
Second, please check out !gnite, mid-Michigan’s first social media conference. Here are some details:
!gnite, mid-Michigan’s first social media conference, will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 22, at the H Hotel and Conference Center in Midland.
The event, co-hosted by Social Media Club Great Lakes Bay and The Midland Daily News, will teach professionals about the latest social media and Internet trends and provide strategies to help them reach audiences and build their social networks. You can enter for a chance win a free ticket if you go to the next networking event from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 30 at Oscar’s Bar & Grill at 140 E. Main in Midland.
There will be sessions for professionals at all skill levels, from beginner through advanced. Session topics include:
- When fans aren’t enough: Developing a successful social media strategy to drive business growth
- How nonprofits can harness the power of social media
- Create buzz and build an effective social strategy for your B2B company
- You got any stuff? Content marketing for social media
- Best practices for using social media to ignite business
- Taking off the training wheels: Tips and tricks to get your business’ Facebook presence up and running
- No budget? No problem! High-impact, super-cheap digital marketing
- One dynamite panel, two digital tactics: Search engine optimization (SEO) & paid ads (SEM)
Tickets cost $75 for professionals and $50 for students. Businesses may receive a discount for purchasing three tickets for their employees. Lunch is provided.
To purchase tickets, visit creatingconversation.eventbrite.com, or contact Dave Dauer at (989) 839-4221 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn about other Social Media Club Great Lakes Bay events by visiting facebook.com/SMCGreatLakes.